Music isn’t the only industry in which DJ and producer Richie Hawtin has made a name for himself. In 2012, the techno heavyweight launched his boutique line of Sake (created with the Matsumoto Sake Brewery in Kyoto) at his renown club concept ENTER. in Ibiza out of a wish to share his passion for Japanese culture with friends and fans. Two years since that initial debut, Hawtin takes his Sake collection and Shochu brand to the US. The line is scheduled to launch in the U.S. this September, followed by a broader release in Europe later this fall. The collection will make its debut exclusively at the swanky TAO Downtown restaurant in New York City. The launch at TAO will mark the first time the Sake has been made available outside of Ibiza.
“We are thrilled to have ENTER.Sake as an exclusive offering at TAO Downtown. [Sake Master] Richie Hawtin has proven the brand’s success in Ibiza and we are looking forward to bringing its refined complexity to our guests stateside,” said Noah Tepperberg, a partner at TAO Group.
ENTER.Sake will arrive at TAO Downtown with two variations: the balanced and zippy medium dry ENTER.Black, and its more refined and complex counterpart, ENTER.Gold. They are the first two options in a complete line of sake and shochu that Hawtin plans to release in Europe and the US.
To celebrate the launch of ENTER.Sake, Hawtin will host an exclusive invite-only evening at TAO on Friday, Septebmer 26.
“This is a proud moment for me as our ENTER.Sake project evolves with our first project outside of Ibiza… sake has been an integral part of the success of the ENTER.Ibiza events, and with Jason Strauss’ & Naoh Tepperberg’s similar love of Japanese food, sake and electronic music, this partnership [with TAO] makes perfect sense,” said Hawtin. “The new TAO restaurant is the right place for ENTER.Sake’s first steps into the North America market and helps continue our combined commitment to bring the best quality Japanese Sake to a wider audience.”
Meanwhile in Ibiza, Hawtin’s Japanese ENTER.Sake bar in Ibiza will be making its third consecutive comeback this year as a weekly pop-up every Thursday starting at 9 p.m. at his notorious ENTER. parties at Space Ibiza. Guests will be able to sample premium Sake and customized Sake cocktails specially created for ENTER. by the famous 41° cocktail bar in Barcelona. The libations will provide the perfect complement to the evenings’ music, which will be presided over by resident DJ HITO and special guests such as Dixon, Guy Gerber, Maceo Plex, Adam Beyer, Ida Engberg, Claude Vonstroke, Dubfire, Maya Jane Coles, Tale Of Us, tINI, Nina Kraviz and Hawtin himself.
Latest posts by Amanda Mesa (see all)
- DJOYBeat Exclusive: Marc Romby and Stephan Bodzin On Systematic Recording’s 100th Release - October 3, 2014
- DJOYbeat Exclusive: Autograf Talks Doing Something Different - September 17, 2014
- Know Your Labels: Drumcode - September 14, 2014
- Album Preview: John Digweed & Nick Muir’s “The Traveler” - September 12, 2014
- Armin van Buuren’s 7-hour Set from Ushuaïa to be Broadcast - September 11, 2014
- DJOYbeat’s Top 10 Most Eligible DJ Bachelors - September 10, 2014
- Album Review: Maya Jane Coles & Gaps “In Dark, In Day” - September 10, 2014
- Miami Weekend Preview: Sept. 10 to 14, 2014 - September 10, 2014
- Random Promo of the Day: Robbie Rivera’s “The Thing” - September 10, 2014
- Album Review: “Modeselektion Vol. 3” - September 7, 2014