There’s more to electronic music than lasers and waiting for “the drop.” Sometimes you just need to lose yourself in a groove and listen to the subtle nuances between beats. A good vibe and dope fans heighten the experience where you can drop the pretentious airs and just get down.
Trent Cantrelle creates and plays those kind of parties.
A New Orleans native now based in LA, Cantrelle most recently garnered attention as the first release off of Steve Angello’s new X label. But with more than a decade in the scene, he filled a gap much needed on the West Coast in a world of EDM with his tech house beats and Sound Like parties. From intimate Sunday soirees on the patio at Room 86 (located at Dim Mak Studios), and expanding to a club full of fans who “get it” at Exchange LA, his fanbase keeps growing with each event that turns the lights down low and brings the beats to the forefront of the party. DJOYbeat caught up with Cantrelle during recent Sounds Like parties at Exchange and Room 86 to chat about the growing brand.
Latest posts by Deanna Rilling (see all)
- Set Sail with Groove Cruise and Shipsomnia, Plus New Albums from Phantogram and MSTRKRFT - September 6, 2016
- New Tunes from Deadmau5, Skrillex’s Latest Vid with Jared Leto and a Netflix EDM Flick - August 11, 2016
- New Pretty Lights, Verboten Sold, Aphex Twin’s First Vid in 17 Years - July 25, 2016
- New Tunes from Claude VonStroke, Armin van Buuren, Tritonal and More - May 27, 2016
- Further Future Returns to Vegas! Plus Music News on Claude VonStroke, Eats Everything and More - April 20, 2016
- Pulse Music News Minute with New Tunes from Serge Devant, Far Too Loud and More - March 21, 2016
- Pulse Music News Minute Ft. a Free DL of Drezo’s Remix of Drowning Pool’s “Bodies” - March 3, 2016
- Pulse Music News Minute with New Tunes from Eagles & Butterflies, Far Too Loud, Riva Starr and Route 94 - February 11, 2016
- Pulse Music News Minute Featuring New Tunes From Tiga, Huxley, Groove Armada and Serge Devant - February 1, 2016
- Pulse Music News Minute: Week of Jan. 11, 2016 - January 8, 2016