For some clubbers—especially those that are fans of legit underground music—the party after the party is the only party to be at. So what we’re basically saying is: here’s a new afterhours venue/party to make a note of. Besides, all the cool kids will be there!
Housed in the building that was legendarily known in the Sin City scene as Utopia and then later Empire Ballroom, there’s historically good music karma in this club on the Strip as far as bringing the best beats without selling out. And that’s what managing partner Thom Svast aims for with the late-night affair simply called “After” (“like” them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter; you know the drill).
Opening at 3:30 a.m. every Saturday night (or super early on Sunday mornings if you’re putting it into your calendar since it’s a party you won’t want to miss), After welcomes anyone and everyone that loves good electronic music. And you don’t have to wear a collared shirt to get in. Score! We do, however, suggest you wear your best dancing shoes because Ultra artists Black Boots and Beatport chart-toppers Spacebyrdz are on the docket as residents. For the February 1st grand opening, L.A.’s own Steve Prior (an Avalon Hollywood and Exchange LA resident spinner) stops by for a guest set.
We plan to party our faces off and we want you to join us. Enter for your chance to win a table for you and five friends at the opening—complete with a bottle of Absolut to get your drinking on (yes, you need to be 21+, duh).
Latest posts by Deanna Rilling (see all)
- Pulse Music News Minute: Week of Oct. 14, 2014 - October 14, 2014
- Pulse Music News Minute: Week of Oct. 8, 2014 - October 8, 2014
- Qbert on the Invisibl Skratch Piklz Reunion at Fool’s Gold Day Off - October 7, 2014
- Pulse Music News Minute: Week of Oct. 1, 2014 - October 2, 2014
- The Good, the Bad and the Dirty: 12 Honest Moments from TomorrowWorld - September 30, 2014
- Pulse Music News Minute: Week of Sept 23, 2014 - September 24, 2014
- Pulse Music News Minute: Week of Sept. 16, 2014 - September 16, 2014
- House Music History: A Conversation with Danny Tenaglia - September 15, 2014
- Why Every Clubber Needs DJ Larry Tee’s TZUJI Fashions - September 12, 2014
- DJOYbeat Weekend Get-Down Guide: Sept. 12 to 14, 2014 - September 11, 2014